Re: Rear shocks lower bolt

At 18:46 5/23/97, you wrote:
>Hello people:
>
>I have replaced one shock, but the bolt at the bottom of the other one is
>stuck in the rubber. I mean it twists along with the rubber part at the
>bottom of the shock.
>
>I have hammered the hell out of the bolt from the inside in hopes it would
>begin to push through, but after one hour of that, I gave up. I applied all
>of the force necessary to turn it out, but it moves about 1/4 rotation and
>then springs back as if it is part of the rubber. Help!!!
>

>Paul Hanley

Are you tring to save the shock? If not, just get a BIG breaker bar and
twist until the rubber tears loose from the shock. You will need to use a
torch on the metal sleeve the bolt goes through to get it off the bolt - or
buy a new bolt...Otherwise, lots of penetrating oil and patience...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (in process)
'58 Ghia Convert