ND Show review

The New Dimensions show was held last Sunday, at their store in Santa
Clara, CA.  The first thing I noticed as I drove by the storefront were
5 or 6 Corrados parked side by side, a stock 16V Scirocco w/rims, a
couple of Golfs, one with a G60 and one Zendered.  At first I thought
that these cars were part of the show, but those were just the
attendees!

Unfortunately, there was only one(!) Scirocco there, a white mk1 (have
pics).  I believe it had a 1.8L motor and Sentra wheels.  It had the
leather seats from a later model Scirocco, which I thought was nice.
The owner said it was a daily driver since '88, which I complimented him
on, since the car was still in great shape .

I must say, if you're a Golf, Jetta or Corrado owner, this is the show
for you.  There was an orange Corrado with white racing stripes (have
pics) ala Shawn; even the brake calipers were orange!  Right next to it
was a Turbo Golf which was done by ND (it was in EC).  I guess I could
go on and on about the other cars, but hey, this is the Scirocco group!
I think my favorite car there was an Audi(!)Quattro Coupe... :)

BTW,
Neuspeed was there with a big yellow rig and their Ack!ura racing car.
I must admit, though, I wandered by the car to take a peek ;)  Massive
dual caliper brakes, carbon fiber dash and rear wing, hydraulic clutch,
ram air, and suspension (well, there was none)... ok so I did a little
more than wander by...one must understand his enemy if one to defeat his
enemy ;)  hehe

I took pictures of what I thought was worthy; I haven't picked 'em up
yet.  If anyone is interested in these non-sciroccos, let me know, and
I'll put 'em on my web page.  Maybe ND has some pix up?

OH YEAH
hehe There was this one lamer in a tan Rabbit with no muffler who kept
on high revving up and down the street, trying to look cool.  He went
into the parking lot and challenged an '84-ish GTi.  So one guy lined
the two cars up and waved traffic by.  When all was clear he signaled
for the cars to go.  The tan Rabbit got its doors BLOWN OFF in second
gear!  I snickered to myself as I saw it.  The moral of the story:  Loud
exhaust and chrome rims do not a fast car make!  haha!

Well, see you guys at the upcoming rally!

Chris G
http://www.gforce.com