A few questions:

Hi everyone!

Since doing the engine swap that I completed last winter, it seems that I have become known as the motorhead of the family. My cousin has asked me to check out a car (86 BMW 325) with him this evening. While I am definitely the most knowledgeable people about VWs, my cousin knows, unfortunately, I don't know anything about this car. He hasn't told me what the price is. I guess my question is "can anyone on the list help me out, tell me things that I should be on the lookout for?" Things in particular to this year/model would be most helpful.

To keep this Scirocco related, has anyone installed the 'hi rev valve springs' that a few places are advertising? I'm quite happy with the ease that my 82 gets up to the 5-6k band, I suppose that the increased breathing ability has much to do with that (16v TB, Port-matched intake, 268' cam, header) but what difference would lit make if I installed these springs? I think that someone has them listed in the latest EC for $55/set.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

82 Scirocco, 1.8 JH
91 Jetta