Re: Every once in a while you get lucky

Gene Salvatore wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> It's been a while since I've kept up with the group ...... I've been
> working on opening a new store over the past few months, and we're about 2
> weeks from completion.  I can't wait to get the doors open, this new store
> has 6 install bays with room for 4 more cars as well.  And while the main
> focus of our other stores has been car audio, I have much greater control
> over what products are going to be carried here ...... what does that mean
> ? ..... more PERFORMANCE products !  I'll have more on this at a later
> date, but keep an eye out for a website as well ....
> www.AnythingAutomotive.com
>
> Anyway onto the subject ..... I have this one customer who I've been
> working with over the last year and a half.  He too is a Scirocco owner and
> like me is always working to make his car better.  Anyway, he's aware of my
> Project Scirocco and came in today with a complete 16V body kit for me
> today.  When I say complete, I mean complete .... right down to all the
> panel clips and retaining screws.  He found the car in a junkyard over the
> weekend, pulled the kit off and brought it in for me today.  The best part
> is I had to offer him $115.00 for the kit.  He only paid $75.00 for the
> complete kit and would have taken $75.00 for it.  But hey, it rained last
> nite, the car was on blocks and he still pulled it off for me .... but any
> way I look at it, it's one hell of a bargain.
>
> Aside from a scratched LF wheel moulding, the kit is in great shape.   Sure
> there are some spots where the paint is missing, mainly by the rear wheel
> mouldings.  But I have to strip and paint it before it can go on my car
> anyway.  So that brings me to a question I brought up a few months ago.
> Now that I have the kit I want, what color to paint the car ?
>
> Well, I'm going to close on that note .... and also a note of thanks to
> Steve.
>
> Later,
>
> Gene
> caraudio@ici.net

	Well, I dunno what colour you are planning an going with, but I really
dig silver/dark grey.  I mean, even when the car is filthy, it looks
right!  doyouknowhatimsayin?  Has anyone got a copy of Performance VW
(Dec 96) with that fat-ass (read: phat) grey MkII Golf on the front?
The title is "Grey Matter".  Point is, I want my car to look like that.
Oh god, I'm rambling...take it ez folks.

jason
87 16V