Re: Info Request - Timmons VW

Message text written by Shawn C. Meze
>>Does anyone have a phone #, web site address, e-mail address, or postal
>mail address for Timmons VW, the dealer that advertises in European Car
mag
>and sells VW parts via mail order?
>Thanks in advance for any information provided.
>Sincerely,
>Jack M. Taylor                 mailto:jtaylor@nvmusic.com
>NEW VINTAGE Music                      http://www.nvmusic.com
>(913) 438-6822

>1-800-266-3247, just like in their ad in EC.

>I can tell you this much, your wasting your time with Timmons.

I was just up in Long Beach two weeks back and checked the place out.
They are a fair source for some parts. I have found the same parts for
less.
Ten years ago I checked them out and the prices were too high for a new car
that I wanted.
They are a VW Dealer. For a Dealer they have a good parts department.
They have aftermarket parts most I have been to do not.

> I have called
>them for the last 3 months asking for their advertized "A3 Euro Headlight
>switch" for $64.95. Everytime I call, they promise me that the are get
>ting them NEXT week. So next week I call, I get the same thing. Now its 3
>months later and not only do they still not have them in stock, but now
the
>price is $69.95. (even tho the add says $64.95.) Ever since a certain
>*somebody* left that place, they have gone to shit.

It looks like sales are slow at the Dealer. They were not jumping over
counters to help me.
Shawn I think your experence could be a sign of things going south.

>They were at one time one
>of the best places to get VW parts. They always had stuff, always, and at
>great price too! Now, your lucky to get wiper refills and even then, the
dope
>that anwsers the 1-800 number will have a hell of a time checking stock on

t>hose items and IF they have them, you'll pay double.
>Just trying to save you a headache.>
>>Shawn<

What parts are you lookiong for? You may be better off looking arround.
Try Autotech just for fun at (800) 553-1055 they can send you a price sheet
or look it up on the web.
Then shop for the best price.

What is NEW VINTAGE Music? I work in the Audio industry as a product
designer shoud I know you?

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco.