Re: Wester Rally special event!

At 09:46 AM 5/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I am from the SF Bay Area, and would love to participate in the Rally
>(my girlfriend has a 'roc, how many of you can say that ;)

My.. girlfriend......has............a.................DOH!  Nope, I cant say
it. I need to practice more..

>ANYWAY
>
>New Dimensions in Santa Clara, CA is 40min. (30min.@80mph;) from San
>Francisco, and is having a charity swap meet/car show on MAY 18th!
>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... What do you guys think?  I know it's kinda soon, but
it
>only happens once a year :(
>See you there? (I hope :)
>
>Chris Gonzalez

Uh, sorry, I wont be able to make it. I've already comitted myself to a race
that weekend. I was thinking that ND might be a good place for a meet. Tim is
pretty cool but I think his enthusiasts are with newer A2's and definately A3
VR6's.

Then Velocity is having their car show in sept. (as i've already posted) I will
be going to that one. For those of you way up north, that would add a few more
hours to the driving time. Im not sure it would be worth it for you to drive all
the way to LA for that, but who knows. Id like to hear a consensus as to what
were willing to do and go? Id like to get some numbers?

I still really like the idea of SF being the targeted drop zone. Those of us
south of SF can meet for a convoy going north. Those of you north of SF can so
the same, heading south. (Then any straggler can come in from wherever) How does
that sound?

FYI* I drove from Bellingham WA (1 hour north of Seattle) to SF it took me 9 hrs
to get there. (total time) So, its drivable in a day for everybody, for the most
part. so if you figure 2 days for driving and 2 days for whatever we decide to
do in SF then 4 days would work.

What would be even cooler is if SF had an autox! (Ya, now im dreaming!) Leave on
a friday, saturday we play, sunday we can all gather at the track and hang out,
relax, meet each other, RACE, ect. Monday we go home.

Well, im just brain storming here so im pretty much open to anything. I am
trying to think of ways where the most people can attend. Those are the
parameters im thinking about. Anybody else??

>PS. My car pics are up on my page!  Let me know what you think!
>http://www.gforce.com

I like the color of your 82! Ive not seen that color on an 82 yet. I like it!
Your site is kina missing a few things. I didnt get to view a pic on the main
page and also on the "cool VW Stuff" page. I think it was a 3D pic or something.

Your right! That Scirocco in the racer format is FUGLY! Then flairs just gotta
go! I think it would look good without the flairs and the rest of the racing
stuiff on the car. All you would need to do is paint it black on black and you
would have a Mike Potter"s replica! Its too bad they dont make them anymore, id
sure like to have a dozen, modified to my little hearts content!
TTYL!

Shawn