Re: Eibachs?

At 09:11 PM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>What's up everybody?  Can someone tell me how low I can drop my 16V w/o
>rubbing all over the place?

That combo has never been tried by myself. The firt thing you need to take
into account is, Scirocco's only have 4" of suspension travel. The only
other way to get the car any lower is to alter the chassis.

My best ideas to accomplish your goal (taking into account things you have
said in the remainder part of your message) would be to get a set of
Neuspeed Race springs and a set of rear Koni adjustable shocks. The race
springs can be safely cut without altering the spring rate. These springs
already lower the car almost 2" and by cutting a full coil off of the
bottom you can get another 1/4" to 1/2" drop. Thats pretty damn low.

>There is this group of guys near my friends' house that have three
>BEEootiful vdubs Anyways, these guys all have their rim & rubber
>nestled WAY up into their wheel wells.

So, you wanna be like them huh? I hope they have good kidneys! :)

>I want my car *slammed*, but I do not want to hear the tires rubbing
>all over the place.  Although, I don't mind having the car sweep the
>floor.

One way around this is to go with a thinner wheel and tire. Your probably
not gonna be able to use a 15X7 wheel on a 195/50SR15 tire. Maybe a 14X6
would be more realistic to keep the rubbing down. Please, for all Scirocco
 kind, DO NOT make this a rollerskate car!

>	Here's my idea of a rockin' suspension:  Eibach 1.8" matched up with
>9-way adjustable Konis.  How's it sound?

I dont think Eibach is a good spring, but thats just my own experience
talking. Koni is a good choice for matching up with the stiffer springs.
Otherwise you will be like all the chopped & dropped Hondas I see
porpoising around town. (Can you say "Flipper"!!)

>Can I go lower?

Always. Its that "will & way" law.

>Forget ride quality for a minute.  I want this lower than a worm's
bollocks!!

Well, good thing you dont care about the ride qualiry. It will definately
suffer. Its all give and take when it comes to slamming a Scirocco. You
will give up any ride quality and get the slammed look your after.
HTH.....

Shawn