Re: New Paint - soon..

You didn't say what color your Rabbit is/was. My '77 Scirocco is/was Silver
(no, I don't remember the official name of the color,) but it was essentially
non-existant after a couple of years. Based on items I had seen in magazines
at the time, others were having the same problem and some people were
pressuring VW into new paintjobs. This was peculiar to '77 silver.
When I repaint I'm thinking of Imron clear coat, still in silver.

So, not all older VW paint was so wonderful.

Happy Sciroccoing,
Bob Farrell