Re: New Paint - soon..

At 08:03 PM 5/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
> My daughter and I have started stripping the '83 down in preparation for
>bodywork
>and new paint. We are going to make it look like a new (stock!) car. Same
>orange-red
>(Mars red??) as it was. Hope to have it done before summer.
>
>This is the first restoration where I don't have to remove the body and
>fenders, etc,
>as the car has NO ROT, only some surface rust here and there..VW sure has
>learned something
>about corrosion protection since the Beetle!
>
>When she gets her license next September, IF she exhibits good sense and
>safe driving habits,
>I MIGHT let her drive it...
>
>Chuck Kuecker

So much for the new paint job. :)
Are you sure a Bug wouldnt be a good first car?? :) :)
J/K!
Mind you, a car is -JUST- a car. Everything is fixable or replacable. (well,
almost) My 16Yr old will probably NEVER drive my Scirocco, or the GLi. He will
be lucky if he gets to drive the Subaru wagon..... or the B-210 i
f its not sold by then!
(he simply hasnt exhibited good sence, never mind ----->driving habit!)

G/L with the father/daughter painting project. I hope its a Kodak moment! I
think its very cool that she is willing to work on the car with you. Please
tell her I said so?

Shawn