Re: OXS Lamp

>Hi Everybody
>
>I have a now my OXS Lamp turned on
>I think that i have to replace the O2 sensor am i right?
>thanks in advance
>Martin Rodriguez
>85 Scirocco 8V
>--

The lamp is just a 30,000 mile reminder to check your oxygen sensor.  It
doesn't necessarily mean that it's gone bad.  I'm not sure what all the
symptoms of a bad O2 sensor are but they include a rich mixture which will
manifest itself as decreased gas mileage, soot on the exhaust pipe and
bumper etc.

If you just want to turn off the warning lamp, there is a reset button on a
box near the windshield tray that the speedometer cable goes into.  Push
the button in until you hear a click and the light should be out.

All of the above is for the Mk.1 cars so YMMV, benton---------