RE: Scirocco 16v

>>Do many 16v Scirocco's vibrate a lot when they are idling?
>
>Well mine sure does.  From what I've gathered from other list members,
>the usual culprit is the passenger side (and occasionally the rear)
>motor
>mounts going bad.  I plan to have mine replaced as soon as I can afford
>it.  Otherwise I fear my car may shake itself to pieces!

Do the mount, and while you're there, do the timing belt too. I will do(and
have done) any motor mount myself, except the passenger side one. Its a
real pain. So I had VW Specialties do it, and they changed the timing belt
at no extra cost for labor. The passenger motor mount fixes this problem
90+% of the time. A few other common noise makers at idle are the high
mounted brake light housing, underdash tray, and the Jetronic box under the
hood in the rain tray. Fixing all these made my car pretty quiet.

Later,
Brad