Re: Window Cables, Rain Leaks...

In a message dated 97-05-06 00:03:54 EDT, j_dubbya@msn.com (Jeff Wheeler)
writes:

<<
 My first foray into this forum after four days of lurking so excuse me if
I'm
 unknowingly redundant, but I gotta know this stuff!

 I just got an '82 GL with all the Important and Expensive Stuff in great
 shape, and I'm working my way through the nit-picks (it's my third Scirocco,

 so what are nit-picks to me and, I suspect, you, are Great Reasons to Sell
the
 Damn Thing and By the Way What Were You Thinking When You Bought It to my
 fiancee).

 Water is coming in around the passenger door gasket, I believe, and it
appears
 the door could be made to shut tighter against it (about 4 mm oughta do it),

 but the Bentley manual provides no guidance on how to go about this.  Can
 you/do you move the post or the latch?  This should eliminate that water
 source so I can concentrate on unplugging the blocked drain tube which
results
 in the ice-cold tinkle of AC condensate on my feet when hooting around a
hard
 right sweeper.

Loosen the pin on the door jam and slide it in more to tighten the door.

 And how 'bout them power windows?  I see that the cable for the driver's
side
 has broken, and the prior owner has done a nifty job of wedging the window
in
 palce with pieces of particle board and PVC pipe in the door and a chunk of
 ice scraper in the channel.  Any chance of replacing this cable if the motor

 itself isn't shot?  Why is Bentley silent on this too?  The other side just
 needs adjusting; any thoughts?

You have to replace the entire regulator with motor, thats the only way they
come new and most likely used

 --

Steve
MAINElyVW1@aol.com
Mainely Metric( Volkswagen Repair and Parts)
84 Scirocco GTX
88 Fox