Re: Paint Job opinion

At 10:24 PM 5/4/97 GMT, you wrote:
>OK, I need the final word before I put sand paper to car body...
>...Rocky's original colour is pewter silver.  I want to kep the same base
>colour when I get my car painted.  However, I want to 'sport' him up a bit,
>without turning him into a roller skate.

Esily done. Step one, stay OUT of Pep Boys!

>So, how 'bout the original pewter silver base, with a single black stripe
>down the driver's side?

Sounds good. Im a fan of that color.

>I was thinking a stripe about 10 inches wide.

A solid 10" stripe is pretty damn wide. I dont think it would be very
proportional to the rest of the car. (Then again, you wont know until you do
it!) Im not saying it would look bad, it would maybe take away from the si
lver and be somewhat overbearing.
The hood is just over 53" total width. The total width of my stripes is just
under 6". (with a 1" blue center) I think you can go as large as an 8" wide
stripe which would give you a good size.
You can buy some wide black electrical tape and do some tests with the tape.
Tape up a section of the hood and then stand back and seewhat you think. Add
width and do the same. That would be a cheap way to get the size you want
without spending $100 to have it changed.

>what about a red circle in the middle of the stripe, halfway down the hood?

>(you know, one of those circles you'd put a racing number in?)

Well, are you gonna put something in the circle? My gut feeling is the
circle would be a bit much.

>I'm not sure about the circle, but I really like the idea of the single
>racing stripe.  I also thoguht about removing the side moulding
permanently.
>How is this held in place?  (yes, I'm too lazy to look it up.  =)
>-- Mike

Mine was stuck on. I had mine removed and left off. I personally dont like
the look of the rubber baby bumpers. Have you ever seen a car that had these
and didnt have a ding in the door? I dont see the point of having the
m on since the door gets dinged anyways. I think it looks crisper with them
off. Smoooth............

>PS - Rocky says hi!

I thought only Neons say hi?

Shawn