VR6 Scirocco?

I know it has probably been discussed here, but I'm new the the
list...:)

I have heard that it is near impossible to shoehorn a VR6 into an A1
car.  I saw a European mag that had a Rabbit, ahem, I mean Golf Mk1
(when in Rome, you know...) with a VR6 transplanted into it.  It said
that heavy modification had to be done, but didn't really go into any
detail...Does anyone know the specifics?  Subframe this, motor mount
that, etc...

Please enlighten me oh Scirocco bretheren (and sisteren?).

Chris