Re:

Dave Mahoney wrote:

> Hi, thanks to all who replied to my coolant post.  My main concern is that
> I am wondering If my rad is about to give it up.  The weather here has been
> about 10 deg celcius and lower ( ususally) I did use a rad flush before I
> changed the coolant last time.  Its no big thing to change the coolant
> but hey If something is about to break I guess it'd be nice to know.
>
> I get LOTS of heat , fairly quickly , reliably on the clodest of mornings
>
> I Think I used coolant from UAP/NAPA ( I also think it was blue ?)
>
> PS    Adam Vigus..... did you get my posts re MF cluster
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Rehi Dave,

I also use the Napa coolant and though the temp here in New Mexico only
went below zero a few times (freaky winter), the coolant provided the
instant heat in the mornings like you said.  I've noticed the Napa
coolant turns a rust color and I've had my coolant system flushed,
checked, you name it.  Nothing's wrong with my system but the coolant
still turns that rusty brown you mentioned.  I think it's just a Napa
coolant thing.  When I used Prestone I didn't have that problem
but....different brands break down differently in the coolant system.  I
think someone on the list mentioned something about the VW brand coolant
changing colors to let you know when a flush was needed.  Maybe this
Napa brand is the same?  Just a thought.

Steph