Re: 88 16 vs. 87 16V

In a message dated 97-05-02 19:03:05 EDT, myung_kim@phoenix.com writes:

<< Hi guys,
 Does anyone know where 88 16V Scirocco and 87 16V are manufactured ?
 I heard someone saying that 87 was manufactured in Germany and 88 in
 Mexico.
 Is this true ? >>

All of the Scirocco MKII's are from Europe, Osnabruek plant as far as I can
remember. But I don't remember if that plant is Germany or Karmann Coach in
Italy?
Help me on the rest of that. Mannix? I wasn't great into world Hist.
Intresting note even though the scirocco left the US market in 88 it was
still built for europe till 92!

Steve
MAINElyVW1@aol.com