Re: Head gasket going?

At 08:30 PM 4/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I just noticed traces of oil around the bottom of the engine head
>(where it meets the block).  Does it mean that my gasket is going?
>The engine works fine; no oil in water; no smoke.  It works better
>than ever.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Frank.

Typically when a head gasket leaks, it will do so internally. Most any oil
found on the outside will be from the valve cover gasket, or the oil pan
gasket.
I'd just leave it alone for now. What you can do is clean the area that you
suspect its leaking from and drive the car. Check on it until it leaks again
and then you will have a better idea as to exactly where its leaking from.
Having a clean engine helps to expidite any engine leak.
HTH!

Shawn