Re: Intake mods

In a message dated 97-04-30 12:59:58 EDT, byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu (Benton
Yoshida) writes:

<< Just wondering if this mod made a noticeable difference in sound/power?
 And if so, do you think the Kamei air dam is essential?  I only have a
 small chin spoiler on my '81.  Have you ever tried running the car with and
 without the air dam?  Thanks for any insights, benton-----

I've run with and w/o the air dam.  Sound wise, no difference.  Since it
points forward, is hidden by the bumper and the hose is long, I have never
detected any difference in sound.  My '78 came with the factory air dam so it
didn't have a chin spoiler.  When I run without the air dam and then with it,
I seem to notice a quicker response to the throttle at freeway speeds and
above(seat of the pants testing).  With your chin spoiler your better off
than me without my Kamei.  Around town, I know I'm always getting the coolest
air possible even though I have to suck it through a "large curly straw" and
that's OK by me.

Have fun.
-dick-
'78 Scirocco