Re: oil leak. Help!

Francois St-Amand wrote:

> There seem to be oil leaking under my tranny near the inner CV joint.
> How can I tell if it's tranny oil or motor oil?  What does this
> represent in terms of labor? Is it a seal gone bad?
>
> Thanks for all your help,
>
> Frank
> 85 'rocco, red
	Which side of the tranny?  If there's an oil trail all the way up to
the head than it's probably not the tranny.  The tranny oil is very
thick (80w90) so it would be very pasty and would nor readily drip.
Where as engine oil, if quite used, is very runny.  I would suggest you
wash the engine with high pressure and drive around for a few days and
locate exactly where it's leaking from, this way you will get a better
idea  of what is actually leaking.
	Andy