Re: Amp gauge

hugacub@mail.whidbey.net wrote:

> >That shouldn't be a problem since I've
> > got one of those solar battery chargers.
>
> Can you elaborate on this?  I never heard of this before.  Thanks.
>
> Rick

	The solar battery chargers (basically a large piece of a solar battery
in a rubber inclosure) come in various sizes from 2' by 2' to a neat
size that fits on top of the 'roccos dashboard (above the instrument
cluster) the larger sizes are about $100 Canadian and the dashboard
model is $30 Canadian.  They are sold in any larger automotive store
here.  I think the name is Battery Saver or something like that.  A few
things that I really like about these:
1. Trickle charges the battery any time it's light outside. (Obvious)
2. If you have an alarm there is no drain on the battery because the
charger replenishes  	the battery's energy.  This allows the car to be
left parked for long periods of
	time with the alarm on.
3. The winters here are really cold, the strain on the battery is quite
high so the
	trickle charging really helps to extend its life.
4. The energy source is free, environmentally friendly, and all that
other stuff :)

	Andy