No Subject

Hi ,  here is a dicussion bet. myself and a friend about head porting
I say that it involves matching the size of the intake/exhaust manifold ports
to the size of those where they connect to the head, for better air
flow.  He agrees but thinks something also has to be done to the valves
when a head is ported.  Opinions???

Also If I get my head ported ( whatever that really means  ) :)  what
should I have done for street use and how much should I expect to pay?
Let me know If your estimate is in US or Canadian $$$

Thanks all
Dave