Fuel pump relay under dash

Hey all:

On my 80 sometimes the fuel pump relay in the box under the dash has to
be moved around a bit to crank the car.  It is a replacement relay
already.  Question:  how much of a pain to fix the socket it plugs into,
or can that be done?  Can you just go in and rough it up a bit with
sandpaper?  (I was actually hoping my days of standing on my head in
that particular car were over with ;) )  I had no problem moving the
relay a bit to crank it, but the replacement driver has difficulty
sometimes, and calls me to come start the car, which can be
inconvenient.

Kinda hoping a few more hours of inconvenience in one block will take
care of it....

gdHouston
--
M+G Houston