Re: Power Modules

> >So, anybody have any thoughts on power chips for the 16v? I guess autotech
> >has one, but I'm not sure about others. Are they worth it? I imagine the
> >cost is a couple hundred to swap the boards in the Jetronics box.
>
> I dont think they make chips for CIS-E 16v Scirocco's.  Why?  Because unlike
> digifant/motronic/etc, we have TWO systems running:  injection and ignition.
> Therefore i think it's impossible to mod that in any way except for the
> power module, which basically puts in a lil' extra fuel at super high revs
> for the 'leaning out' problem that we're 'supposed' to have.

There is a company, in California I belive, called Superchips, that makes
a Chip for the CIS-E system, you have to send them your box and they
desolder your factory chip and resolder a new(improved?) chip, probably
doing the same thing as the Power Module from Autotech, I believe(but
could be wrong) it cost about $185.

Shikaroka
tjarrett@olie.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)