Re: Johnny/Shrine RS // Projects...

At 10:38 PM 3/13/97 +0500, Chris Taylor wrote:
>Johnny, who took his car to SRS, where are you!?!?  Any progress reports
for us?

Funny...
I was just starting to write an update when I decided to download the latest
mail and lo and behold someone's asking about my "Project"

Well there's good news (depending on your perspective :-), bad news, and
some possible better news...

First the good news. I take delivery of a brandy new 1997 Chevy Suburban LT
tomorrow (for the wife and kids)...and today I ordered a 1997 Chevy Camaro
SS to go along with it (hell I haven't had a new car in 5+years)

I know,I know two american cars in one week....but both have 300 horses!! ;-)

So now the bad news....
The Scirroco Stroker project is on hold...maybe for good.

BUT (possibly better news)

I may be building it out as strictly a racer!! (as I now have one helluva
tow vehicle!). This would then be a DSP/IT car so the stroker would be a no-go.
But I also have a 944 project car going on and it may take precedence over
the Scirroco in the short term but who knows.

I'm not getting rid of the Scirroco and it'll still be on the road for
awhile....

So instead of cool updates on the Scirroco I may just be asking stupid
maintenance questions that I can't find the answer to in Bentley..

Cheers,
-johnny-