Re: Cooling System Problem

In a message dated 97-03-06 19:43:25 EST, Vbonz@aol.com writes:

<< Car is overheating.

 What is known is:
 there are no coolant leaks (all new hoses).
 The radiator seems to be fine (upper hose is warm and lower hose is cool).
 fan is working and it's not a blown head gasket.
 Coolant is running through the system but maybe not at adequate pressure.
 Any suggestions would be appreciated. >>

Are you sure the car is overheating?  i.e. are you sure its just not the
sensor?  maybe your sender is bad, is the light on AND the guage up?  what
caused this to start?  is the waterpump pulley turning? the bearing could
have failed, but then no coolant would flow.  I guess you really have to tell
us how it started.  Also, maybe, what year car? i.e. open system or closed.
(just radiator or overflow tank).  I have seen a car with a closed system
(overflow tank) have a clogged hose leading from the overflow to the block so
it appeared that the car had coolant but really had none in the engine.
 probably caused by repeated use of that no leak crap.

Kyle