Re: Question about temp. sending unit

At 04:06 PM 3/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>The temperature sending unit in a A2 with the multifunction indicator is
>inside the drivers side fender, just behind the side marker.  I have found
>that my guage is close to acurate, actually a little bit on the cold side.  I
>am usually within 2-3 degrees of the "real" temp that I see on those digital
>signs outside of banks, with the time, temp, date?.
>Now I must bring up the question, how much more accurate do you need?

The question of accuracy is only  problem when somebody mounts the sensor in
the engine compartment or outside, like in a mirror where it can be effected
by condensation or direct sunlight. Thats all. I like to know that when I get
out of my car at the beach that its a chilly 66 degrees and I might need to
actually wear a shirt!

>shouldn't rely on the guage for determining ice on the roads (but officer, my
>guage said it was 33 degrees, their shouldnt have been ice!

Ice? isnt that the cold lumpy stuff that's in all my drinks?? Why do you guys
put it on your roads? Is it more challenging or something? Must be an east
coast thing!  :)

Shawn
(Damn that San Diego Sunshine!! I'll get a tan or something!)