Re: O2 Sensor Data (Was G grind in DSP?)

>On the Corrado list there was once a thread about building your own
>fuel/air mixture guage (dash-mounted, row of LED's). The guage measures
>the resistance from the O2 sensor and mixture is displayed by the
>LED's.
>
>Does anyone have :
>
>1. Info on this thread? Plans?
>
>2. Resistance readings from O2 sensor for given mixtures?

  Check out the DIY_EFI web site. There are a few plans there for this.
I've built one in the past, they're supposedly the exact same as what you
pay $100+ for.I don't have the web address of the DIY_EFI site, but it
should show up in a search. Also do a search on O2 sensor FAQ. This
document has been floating around for a while, and it will explain to you
why the O2 sensor can't be used to measure air fuel ratio with any
reliability, it can only tell you accurately whether you are running rich
or lean. Do NOT try to measure the O2 sensor resistance, you'll ruin it.
These meters measure the output voltage of the sensor. If you want to
measure the output voltage yourself use a digital multimeter, as the analog
ones have a much lower input impedance, and will give incorrect results.

Brad