Re: VW Special tools

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Lisa & Rick wrote:

> Snap-on rules, but Craftsman are cheaper, easier to get, and they
> have the same (maybe better) replacement warranty.  Sears just makes
> sense for tools unless you use them professionally.  I used to buy
> Snap-on when I did the mechanic thingy for a living, but it's
> overkill for a hobbyist, IMHO>

I sometimes receive this catalog called "Griot's Garage" (I think maybe
it's been renamed recently) - they carry these tools by Facom and somebody
else - apparently the stuff used by the Ferrari and Williams F1 teams...
They are absolutely beautiful, at least judging by the pictures, but omigod
expensive...

I did buy some safety wire for my FZR from them once just so I could say I
bought something from them...

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/