Re: Fuel pump relay

Miles Lott wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for the replacement fuel pump
> relay that energizes the fuel pump in the 1st key position prior
> to cranking the starter?
>
> This was for CIS cars only, I believe.

	Here's a little trick I used on all the H2O's I owned, forget the fuel
pump relay!  Get a short piece of wire with a fuse in the middle and two
flat connectors at each end, then take out the relay and connect one end
to where the fuel pump slot is and the other end where the ignition on
switch is.  You'll have to look for the slots where the fuel pump relay
was originally connected it's usually the bottom horizontal slot (for
fuel pump) and the right vertical one (for the ignition power on).

	Huge advantage:  fuel pump pressurizes the system before you turn over
the engine (wait a few seconds then turn the starter), benefit is the
engine starts on the first crank, saving the starter - less wear, and it
works great when the temp. outside drops to way below freezing.  You
never have to replace the expensive relay again.  I had this setup
running for years and it has proven itself.  No side effects either.
Hope this helps.
	Andy

'79 Wabbit
'80 Scirocco