Weekend repairs

Well, I decided to replace my shifter bushings this weekend after a few solo
competitions last year that had me occasionally going to grab second gear,
and it wasn't there.  (no grinding, it just wasn't there).  Well after doing
the job, I put the car down and urethra!  (Yep, you read me right)  Now I
could'nt get first or second!  Got out the Bentley Bible and saw the
adjustment sequence for the shift lever, followed the directions and eureka!
 Smooth as silk!  Easy to do!  BTW, the bushings were in very bad shape too,
and I encourage anyone who has shift troubles to try this first, before
thinning out their wallet!

Jim