Cruisin !

I usually post when I have problems, but today I get to crow about
fixing something that was not working.

A few weeks back I replaced a few vacuum hoses that were split.  I
wasn't sure what they were for, but they were obviously shot.  I
still have a lot more of the hoses to go, I want them all new so I
know what's what.

My cruise control never worked since I got it @8 months ago.  I never
got around to checking, figured it was another electrical problem.  I
was driving down I-5 the other day and some unknown force made me
decide to try it.  It worked!!!  Now I know what those vacuum hoses
were for.

Someone else (Benton?)  was wondering about a hose that went thu the
fenderwall.  Off a tee fitting, one of these hoses does go in there
somewhere.  Of course, it may not be related to the cruise control,
just maybe feeds off the same vacumm source.

Anyway, I'm amazed at the accuracy of the cruise on my car.  It stays
dead on, even up and down hills.  The best cruise I ever used !

BTW, my GF Lisa went and got a 95 Golf VR6 yesterday.  Personally, I
think these are ugly, esp in red.  She went and got it without
telling me (another story) and tried to take it back today when she
realized it's gonna put her budget too tight.  They said they won't
take it back unless the loan doesn't go thru.  Women.......*sigh*

I haven't got to drive it yet, she says she now understands why I
like my Rocco so much.  I'm not sure I want to drive it.  After
driving a 97 Jetta VR6, it was all I could do not to go back and buy
it.  God knows what will happen if I drive her Golf.  She says it
puts the Jetta to shame.

OK, guess you can't tell I'm bored, huh?  :=)
I'm off apartment hunting, that'll end the boredom (NOT!).

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)