Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

>At 01:28 AM 3/1/97 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>A while ago in EC (or was it back in the VW&P days?) there was an easy
>>trick to allow the car to start but would stall after a short distance.  I
>>guess the advantage was that it wasn't as obvious in it's action as a kill
>>switch.  Anyone remember how to do this?
>>

>>Thanks as usual, b------
>
>        That device you are talking about was/is part of the Jacobs ignition
>system.  They had the built in feature that would do just what you descibed.
>So if we are talking about the same thing then it is no simple modification.
>But I always wondered how they accomplished that (electronically that is.)
>

>                                        DOM!
>                                        1980 VW Scirocco S
>                                        1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
>                                        1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja
>                                        1979 Piaggio Vespa P125X

My memory could be going, but I don't think it involved putting in the
Jacobs unit.  I think the feature article was one where the magazine asked
a bunch of tuners and aftermarket suppliers for cool tips.  I think it was
a pull-out section printed on non-glossy paper.  But I could be wrong.
Someone wanna set this story straight?