Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

At 01:28 AM 3/1/97 -0800, you wrote:

>A while ago in EC (or was it back in the VW&P days?) there was an easy
>trick to allow the car to start but would stall after a short distance.  I
>guess the advantage was that it wasn't as obvious in it's action as a kill
>switch.  Anyone remember how to do this?
>

>Thanks as usual, b------

        That device you are talking about was/is part of the Jacobs ignition
system.  They had the built in feature that would do just what you descibed.
So if we are talking about the same thing then it is no simple modification.
But I always wondered how they accomplished that (electronically that is.)

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja