Re: engine cleaner

At 12:06 PM 3/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I am going to be cleaning my engine a block soon.  Does anyone know
>of a good engine cleaner?  I need a very adbrasive type.  I tried to
>wire brush the stuff off with a grinder and it would hardly budge.

You wernt paying attention a bout 3 weeks ago, were you Jay?? ;-)
Take your car to one of those "do-it-yourself" car wash places and use
the high pressure spray washes to clean the motor. Naturally being
carefull to cover the distributor and whatever else you dont want to
get wet. Most of the ones i've seen have a degreaser/cleaner for the
engine. It works pretty good. it sprays on in a low pressure suds to
cover and soak into the engine. Let it sit for about 10 min. (Close the
hood, and wash the rest of the car, by the time your finished, go back
and finish the engine) Its pretty good about getting the cooked and
caked on crud off the motor.

Shawn