Re: radio

On 23 Jun 97 at 13:15, A. Bjorkheim wrote:

>    I just recently started having problems with my radio in my
>    rocco.  I
> dont get any reception whatsoever.  I was just curious if it might
> be the antenna versus the radio, which would be easier to replace.
> What happens is when I turn it on, if I am on FM, I hit "seek" and
> it jumps to the next frequency and stops.  It jumps to a frequency
> that isnt used in my area and if I try "seek" again, it doent move.
> If I am in AM then it just goes through all the stations repeatedly,
> never stopping.  Unfortunately my tape deck portion doesnt work so I
> cant test my deck that way.  I also sometimes get a fluttering
> coming out of the speakers.  Sounds just like a helicopter is
> overhead.  Have any of you experience this problem and if so what
> would be the likely cause.

>From what you're describing, it sounds like what they call
"motorboating".  It's usually caused by bad filter caps on power
supply.  In other words, if it's a good radio, take it to the shop
for repair, it shouldn't be too expensive.  Or, get a new radio :)
Or if you're handy, replace all the electrolytic capacitors you can
find in there.  HTH

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com