Recovered Again!!

	Well, they recovered the second of our club cars that was stolen
yesterday.  They broke into her car the same way, by  removing the door
lock cylinder and unlocking the car from the drivers door.  The alarm
thinks it has been unlocked, so it disarms the alarm.  If I had know it
would be that easy, I would have added an aftermarket alarm right after
buying the car.
	Her car was more extensively damaged than mine, but they had it
for a day and a half more.  She was missing:  Kenwood 10 disc changer and
controller, amplifier, pedal covers, roll bar, Schroth 3A harness, and
new (Purchased the day before at the Autotech show) Schroth belt pads, 17
inch ABT wheels, door lock cylinder, ignition cylinder, and believe it or
not, they actually removed the headlight masks off of the lights, that
must have taken a lot of time considering how well that glue holds those
things on.
	Damage included mutiple scratched areas, trashed rear 1/4 panels
from removing the bar, Euro chin spoiler trashed, blue bumper lights
missing and some cracked lenses.
	All in all, it has been a major learning experience for most of
us, and I think almost everyone is going to be adding alarms to their
cars in the next week or two.  Her car was number 16 of the theft
recovery VW's at the dealrship in the last 2 weeks.
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components
95 Black Jetta GLX M3 wannabe