Re: HELP Distributor & Bolt in Hole !!

Oh boy. I think Paul had the right hole..its the 2" diameter one,
on what looks like to be the bell housing of the tranny..it's
on the driver side of the engine, directly below where the
distributor connects to the block. If I can't find the bolt
(1" bolt) tomorrow, I'll stop by my local mechanic and ask him
also. I know the bolt slipped out of my hands removing the
dist, and I wasn't on the ground..and so Murphey says it fell
in the only hole around. How do I manually turn my engine?

Well on a good note, with a confirming quote from Bentley (thanks
Mark) I managed to completely dissasemble my dist. and
reassemble it with a fixed connector, rotor and cap. Yay! So
figuring I just saved myself at least $300 in parts and labor...
(assuming they would have been too lazy to fix the conenctor and
just install the 120$ new unit) I went on a Sears Spree! Soon as
that bolt is found, and I get my Nology wires inI'll see if my
mysterious 6200 rpm cutoff dissapears..ans I'm almost positive
this was due to the rotor/wires/plugs no being able to handle the
high rpms.

Ryan