Re: Mystery Option?

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Riley McDowall wrote:

> I was taking all the interior pieces out of my trunk area a couple weeks
> ago for a roll bar install, and I noticed something odd.  Right across from
> the rear window washer reservoir, on the other side of the trunk, is what
> looks like a bracket for something.  There's a recess formed in the
> sheetmetal about 8 by 11", with holes around the edge.  What is supposed to
> go here?  The only thing I can think of is the pump for the central
> locking, but it doesn't look like the right shape.  BTW, it actually looks
> like a great place to mount a smaller amp, if anyone is looking for a good
> location.

Good guess! But...  It's actually to hold a medical kit.  Theres a couple
holes on the edge of it where a rubber piece with hooks goes to hold the
medical kit in.  I believe in some places people are required to have a
medical kit in the car.  I've got a kit and its pretty cool.

If you look in the rear armrest of a Corrado theres a spaces in it for a
medical kit too.  I think I have a picture scanned of the Corrado one that
I'll try to get online tonight if anyone wants to see it.

I do have a friend who has (or had) a few of the medical kits she brought
back from England if anyone decides they want one ( I think around $60 or
so, email and I'll check for you) . You can also see hers
at Waterfest.  She has a titian red '86 w/ 16V kit, eurobumpers and
headlights... and took 2nd place last year :)

Drive safe! (and you won't need that medical kit)

Greg :)

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm  (New pages now online!)