Mystery Option?

I was taking all the interior pieces out of my trunk area a couple weeks
ago for a roll bar install, and I noticed something odd.  Right across from
the rear window washer reservoir, on the other side of the trunk, is what
looks like a bracket for something.  There's a recess formed in the
sheetmetal about 8 by 11", with holes around the edge.  What is supposed to
go here?  The only thing I can think of is the pump for the central
locking, but it doesn't look like the right shape.  BTW, it actually looks
like a great place to mount a smaller amp, if anyone is looking for a good
location.

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton