Re: Theft of a GLX

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> steering wheel if I can manage that, plus removing the feul
> pump relay, and maybe a few important fuses,like the lights..if

One word of advice here about the fuel pump relay: I, too, thought it
such a neat idea to pull out the relay everytime I left my car. It is
not too bulky, and after 5 minutes of practice you can slide it in and
out of the fuse box in 2 seconds without having to stoop and look. And I
did that for about 2 months. Until I discovered that this constant
pulling out/putting back in of the pump results in its contacts being
loosened and the relay then often quits, which means the car stops
running: then you have to play with it and wiggle it until you hear the
*click* and the pump is working again.

Solution to that: go to junkyards, and pry out as many fuel pump relays
as you can get. Keep them in your glove box. Then, when your current
"removable" relay goes bad, you simply plug in one from the glove box.
Plus, you feel good that your car will not be driven by someone else,
unless that someone else happens to know that the relay is removed every
time.

Ilias