Re: 16v has been scoped...now what?

At 10:37 AM 6/20/97 +0000, you wrote:
> They recommended me change
>plugs (worn and burnt) wire (white between them in the loom suggests
>arcing) and a new cap and distributor, and rotor, saying the dist or
>whatever was cracked and loose.

Your Distributor is bad? Or was it the distributor cap?

>So..I know i can upgrade to
>Silverstone plugs and Nology wires ,,might as well throw in the coil
>too..

Coil Amp?

>but what about the rotor, cap and dist. ..am I stuck to go with
>stock BOSCH replacement parts?
>Ryan
>'87 16v

I recomend it! Bosch makes some decent electrical parts. Beck/Arnley
makes some cheap crap. Then you get into the brands nobody has ever
heard of. I dont even waste my time with that junk. I like to know
whats in there is gonna last and is gonna work like its soposed to.
BOSCH!

*Footer for ya!* With the Nology Coil Amp, plan on replacing the cap
and rotor a little sooner than you normally would! It would seem that
that 50% increase in coil output tends to chew up the rotor a bit more.
Nothing bad, it just has got a little more wear than im used to seeing.
Interesting!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi