Non Scirocco Post

I know this isn't about sciroccos, but I consider us all friends and
friends can talk about anything right?

My '84 GTI 16V was completed today and I just wanted to share my
reaction with the group.

First off the bill WOW that was expensive $1055 labor. I didn't know
what to expect but in the back of my mind I was hoping for $600-$700
labor. I actually have to make payments for this one. I left the car
with my mechanic until I pay it off.

I did drive the car though and it is much faster but there is a
hesitation starting out. The mechanic assures me that its because the
gas was in the tank for like 6 months and the injectors are proboblyn
dirty since the were sitting out. He says some FI gas treatment will fix
it right up.

The clutch pedal feels strange there is horizontal play in the clutch
pedal and it pisses me off. It was always there I just forgot about it.
He says he will look into that and fix it.

It just looks cool to open the hood and see the 16V in an A1 GTI. I know
I know looks are not why we drive VWs but it looks really cool. They
also cleaned everything up under the hood and it looks brand new.

The realization I have now is I need to fix other things up on this car
now. i.e. new seats, paint, lowering springs and better shocks would be
nice, sway bars etc. etc.  Spending this money only makes me want to
spend more.  I know I spent a lot of money having this done instead of
trying it myself, but this is WAY beyond me. I went all out and had all
seals repalced in the transmision and motor as well as a new timing
belt, clutch, shifter bushings, etc. etc.  I think I better keep this
car forever since I'll nect get half back whats into it now.

Its wierd looking at the Tach that only goes up to 7000RPM on this thing
hell I can bury it and still be safe. How diffiult and how would a
Scirocco 16V dash transplant be?

Well thanks for listening.

The major concern I have now is with 2 VWs and a truck something might
have to go what to do?