RE: Brake problems.

Hmm.... Just get out & give the pedal a good work out & check again.
If
you still find no leaks, go with bleeding them.... No luck, new
master
cylinder.

I'll take the new master cylinder for $8 bucks please.  Ok everyone, I
tried bleeding my brakes, in the process I broke off two bleeder
valves, one on the left front caliber and one on the right rear drum.
 I figure all I need to do is buy a new brake cylinder for the rear
drum, but my question is:  Do I need to buy a new caliber for the
front or is there some other way to get around this problem? I did go
ahead and bleed the rest of the system to no avail.  Also there are no
leaks anywhere.

With this determined I went to my local junkyard and claimed an MC
from a MKII.  This master cylinder doesn't look like mine (Old - one
brake line coming from each side going to left & right front, one
switch coming out of each side and two more brake lines coming out of
the bottom going to the lft and rt rear; NEW - two brake lines coming
out of either side at about a 45 degree angle to the ground going to
front and back brakes).  To counter this I also acquired the brake
lines to fit.  First question, will I be able to get this to work?

Next item is the fact that my MC has two switches attached to it, one
on the left side and one on the right side.  The new MC is not
compatible for these two switches.  What are these switches for? And
do I REQUIRE them?

Thanks for getting me this far (still have no brakes :-(),

John
80 Scirocco S