Re: To bore, stroke, and breathe

>(Game of 20 questions ahead)
>
>Someday I'll be putting a 2.0 block under my 1.8 16v cylinder head.  I mean,
>doesn't everyone with a 1.8 16v aspire to this? :-)  (maybe just a little?)

Maybe more than that...:)

>Don't sugar-coat the cost, I'm not rich, but I'll save up for whatever the
>best approach might be.

I asked Ron for a ballpark price on boring a 2.0 block out to 2.1 or
thereabouts and he told me right away that it was NOT worth the money.  But
if you've done the cams, and the headwork, and you've still got a grand or
so to spend...

>gather all the correct information to make informed decisions on how to
>get maximum performance and where to spend my money the most wisely.

Bolt up the 2.0 block, and drop in a set of 268 or even 276 cams.  There's
some high end power, which judging by what you've said may not be what
you're looking for or even willing to live with.  But in terms of 16v bang
for the buck, I think you're stuck with high end horsepower...

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton