Re: Project 16v in EC

At 01:31 PM 6/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>EC finally decided to do an update to their Scirocco 16v project car in
>the latest issue.  I just got it in the mail yesterday.  Anyway, they
>added the Nology wires, Nology coil amp, and Beru Silverstone sparkplugs.
>They say that drivablilty and responsiveness of the engine increased quite
>a noticable amount.  I wonder what a dyno would have to say?  Does
>anyone else have any real world experience with the full Nology setup?
>
>If anyone wants to know more details of the article, I could try and hit
>the highlights later...
>
>Thanks.
>
>==Brett

Well, I agree with everything he siad in the article except for the BS
starting page 43 last column saying, " ...I was able to maintain pace with
traffic at lower revs than before". WTF?? Peter Wu doesnt have alot of
credibility in my book. If you were to call (or go) and talk to Jeff, the
words you read in the article are his (Jeff Moss). He described the Nology
wires exactly as it was written in that article. So what does adding wired do
with changing the gearing on the freeway mr. Wu?? Nada damn thing. Maybe you
will need less throttle to maintain speeds on the freeway? Thats completely
different.

Basically, the performance gains that are claimed in the article are true for
the most part. Maybe not as glamorous as it  was described but fairly accurate
non-the-less.

After chatting with Brett about this today, I thought it might be interesting
to see whats up with the wires. Iive got a contact who happens to have a Dyno
available to me for free. I think I will make an appointment to go and have
the wires tested. I will start with a stock setup. (My older set of Blue
Ignitors and NGK plugs.) Then I will add the coil amp, dyno it. remove it and
add just the NOLOGY plug wires and Silverstone plugs. Then add the coil amp
again so the whole NOLOGY system is installed and run that on the dyno. Should
be interesting!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi