Re: Stinking badges

  Here is an idea for your badges.  When I recently painted my 79 I also
fixed my fading badges.  What I did was I sanded the multicolored silver
from the face of my badges until you get so it is all black on the face of
the emblem.  Then I used scotchbright to scuff up the entire emblem so the
paint would stick.  Then I had them painted using the same gun that shot
my car.  Now they are one color.  Last step is the sand the face.  Once
the paint has dried, few days or so, I sanded the face with 320 to remove
the clearcoat and paint rather quickly.  Once I got down to black over
most of the face I switched to 1200 wet sanding.  I simply laid the
sandpaper on a table and with the emblem face down, began sanding, as easy
as that.  It turned out real good I must say.  Just make sure that the
1200 takes out any 320 scratches that might be still showing.  Now the
sides of my badges are all a fresh neon lime color while the face is a
nice shiny black.  HTH...

  Andre'