Stinking badges

For starters I have the stock setup on my 87 16v and I like the no badge
look too. I am a designer / model maker and I worked in a car design studio
10 years back. I design badges logos and labes for products as par of my
job.
OK The rear name badges are silver with a black background on a Mk2-16v and
the 16v badge is orange, tomato, race red. I have 3 sets of Karmann B
pillar Badges that you can have but the letters are cracked. I use the
silver paint pen to fix them. I think this is the same thing you used. Now
for the rear badges. I have in stock the VW logo (silver only) and the
Volkswagen badge in black, and silver. They did come in white too. The
Scirocco badge is different on a 16v from an 8v. I have Scirocco 8v badges
in stock in silver and they fit but they are larger and you can't fit the
16v in. First remove the badges from the car, they pop off. REMOVE THE
BADGES WHEN YOU WAX YOUR CAR. You may need new gromets that go into the
sheet metal. The badges are a bitch to fix up but you can use the paint
pen. It will never look as good as new because they hotstamp them. There is
an other way to clean them up if they are a total loss  but I don't
recomend doing this in silver. Take (red) paint and spread it out on to a
thick sheet of wax papper latex or a sheet of polyethlien. Then press the
badge onto the fresh paint. remove it. I have done this 10 times and 8
times it worked. Air brush could work too but the mask job will drive you
nuts. If you are going to paint them I recomend a nice change like yellow
on a black car or red on red. My rule is get a new or clean part first so
you can go back to stock and then have fun with the custom stuff. If you
want to replace your B pillar some day use black shelf papper.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco
O. C.  Cal

Message text written by INTERNET:rsminton@voyager.net
>Well, it's going to be another fine weekend here in Michigan, and I
thought I'd devote at least one of these days to continuing the spring
detailing of my Scirocco. (You may remember that last weekend I removed
the black decals.)
        Well, this weekend, I want to do something about my badges.
Basically,
hard winters and road salt combined with weekend after weekend of
washing and waxing in the summer have worn their colors away
(specifically the Karmann badges on the sides of the car, the VW,
Volkswagen, Scirocco and 16V badges on the back.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to restore these (I tried
model car paint, packaged conveniently as a marker, last weekend... with
only marginal success.)  And, aside from the 16V on the back (which I
know should be red), what colors were these badges originally?

I wish I could make it to Waterfest (too far), but I will most
definitely not miss the Toronto show.

Robert S. Minton<