Re: Six Speed stuff??

> At 10:03 AM 6/13/97 -0400, Shawn wrote:
>
> >How difficult is it to install a .71 5th gear?

> This is another one of those "Some special tool required" projects. You
> will need the tool that removes the head bolts. (I forget the size but
> its not a Torx and its not an allen either. More like a 12 point allen.
> Odd.)

  The tool I think you're referring to is an 8mm 12 pt driver(AKA triple
square). I have these fasteners on several things on my car, AFAIK all of
these 12pt bolts are 8mm in size, so its a worthwhile tool to have. One of
the other special tools included in the kits is a rod used for holding the
selector shaft(I think). Anyhow, its a tool with a very specific purpose,
not worth blowing cash on. The mechanic I watched do this used a coat hangar
in place of this tool.

Brad