Re: Six Speed stuff??

At 11:26 PM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>  All I have to say is I wish I had a taller 5th gear or even a 6th
gear
>especially driving I90 when you can do about 75-80MPH.  =)
>  Andre'

OK, Andre'. You have an option. You can spend a few hundred on the 5th
gear conversion, or spend thousands ($1000 min.) on a 6 speed. Again,
you're refering to the cruizing 5th gear on the freeway aspect, right?

Like I said before, I have the .71 5th gear. I cruize at 90 mph @ 3,500
rpms! No my GLi doesnt yet have the 5th gear conversion. (it will.) It
cruises at 80 @ 4,000 with the stock .89 5th gear. After the
conversion, it should have about the same, if not a little taller 5th
gear ratio than my Scirocco so when im on one of my many drives up to
Orange to fix Mikes Scirocco, I can get both good fuel economy AND a
little quieter drive.

Food for thought.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi