Re: Newbie; Rattling, but no clunking

At 02:41 PM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey all-

>The other question I have (so far) is a rattle going over bumps.  (Shawn's
>reply to Dale's message makes me think I know what it is.) It comes from
>the front right corner.  I took a cursory look around that corner, nothing
>loose in the engine bay.  It certainly doesn't clunk, I'm wondering if it's
>these anti-rattle clips.  I have the shop manual at home, so I'm sure I can
>find them, but is there anything I should keep my eyes out for while poking
>around?
>
>Thanks in advance-
>
>        -Ed.

Thats about it Ed. What did you find?? The clips are pretty well documented in
most any repair manual. Its either the little paperclip type material or its
the brass wide strapping type matierial.
*FYI* If you are missing one, when you go to buy a replacement clip, you can't
get the older paperclip style clips. You will have to install the newer brass
clips.
HTH!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi